Saunas, Sweat, and Summer: Reasons to Use Saunas in the Summer
Posted in Home saunas, on March 25, 2020
While there’s nothing quite like the experience of using a sauna during a cold Canadian winter, there’s no reason why you can’t - or shouldn’t - continue to use your home sauna all year round. Even during the heat and humidity of the summer months, your sauna can be a perfect way to unwind and relax. If you’re still not convinced, let us share with you our top nine reasons that using a sauna in the summer is great.
- Heat helps muscles to relax. Whether you have sore muscles from being on your bike all day or working in the yard, heat is an excellent way to help your body relax and recover. Regular sauna use has been shown to have positive effects when it comes to muscle relaxation, and for people suffering from arthritis or other types of physical pain, sauna use can be a wonderful tool for managing and reducing pain.
- Sauna use helps you feel happier. Ever heard of a runner’s high? Research has shown that using a sauna can have the same effect on your body as going for a run or participating in other types of exercise that release endorphins. These endorphins are what creates the runners high, and can help give you a mood boost to carry you through the day - or straight into a good night’s sleep.
- It reduces your stress. The calm and quiet atmosphere of the sauna, as well as your intention to take time away from it all, is part of the beauty of having a home sauna. You create your own personal getaway that can help to lift the stress of the day from your shoulders.
- It relieves pain naturally. Did you know that having a home sauna can actually help you feel less pain? Heat helps to kick start your cardiovascular system, which will have a restorative effect on many parts of your body.
- Your skin will thank you. While the dryness of winter is notoriously hard on our skin, summer’s heat can also leave us feeling raw and uncomfortable. The controlled heat of the sauna helps to stimulate blood circulation, which flushes toxins from our system and delivers freshly oxygenated blood to our largest organ, reducing inflammation.
- The sauna can kickstart your metabolism. When your heart rate increases, so does your metabolism, making your home sauna a great way to burn off a few extra BBQ calories. The healthy effects of an increased heart rate extend to your blood pressure, respiration, and cardiac output.
- Manage summer heat better. Acclimatizing to the heat of a summer’s day can be eased by regular sauna use. If you like heat but can’t spend a lot of time in the sun, a home sauna is a great way to reap the benefits of a summer’s day away from UV rays.
- Train better. Many folks have adventurous summer plans that involve outdoor activity like canoe trips, marathons, triathlons, and more. Before your activity, heat from the sauna helps to acclimatize your body to higher temperatures, as well as increasing the production of red blood cells (which’ll help your sore legs on race day), and afterward’s it’ll help you relax and treat sore muscles. Whether it’s before or after your workout, your home sauna is the perfect tool for helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- Escape! With so much to do in the summer, things can get a little stressful! Having your own personal getaway tucked in your yard or at the cottage can help you unwind like nothing else. Your home sauna is designed to be used all year round to add a bit of luxury to your routine.
SaunaFin has the perfect home sauna for your needs - regular sauna use has been shown to provide many more benefits than what we’ve covered here, and installing an indoor or outdoor sauna is simpler than you think. For more information on home saunas, call SaunaFin at 1-800-387-7029.