The Importance of Relaxation and How Saunas Can Help
Posted on 12 October 2021
In today’s world, we often forget how important it can be to slow down and alleviate stressors. If you are starting to feel overwhelmed by the grind of everyday pressures and need help to relax, a home sauna might be just what you need. Imagine a warm, enveloping heat bringing down stress levels as you relax in your Dundalk LeisureCraft sauna.
After repeated lockdowns and never-ending changes to our usual way of living, now more than ever, finding time to relax is imperative. And at SaunaFin, when we think of relaxation, we think of home saunas. Read our blog on the importance of relaxing and why you should invest in a Dundalk LeisureCraft sauna. Our experts are waiting to help you on your journey to alleviating stress. Reach out today if you have any questions about home sauna ownership.
Importance of Relaxation & Managing Stress
Relaxation should be an essential part of our everyday routines. If you actively practice relaxation techniques in your home sauna, you will see definite results. You will likely sleep better and continuously throughout the night without waking. The more you relax, the less anxious you will feel, which also leads to better sleep. Better sleep tends to lead to better, happier, more productive days. Your respiration rate and heart rate can both decrease as well with regular sauna sessions.
How You Can Relax in a Home Sauna
Having high levels of chronic stress can be detrimental to our mental and physical health. Plus, it’s just plain awful! These relaxation techniques can help you feel calmer:
- Deep breathing: do you ever notice yourself taking tense, shallow breaths? Relax your shoulders and breathe deeply. Hold your breath and release it slowly.
- Meditation: whether you follow a guided meditation or use your meditative practice, mindfulness can slow down racing thoughts
- Reading in your sauna: pick up a good light read and unwind
- Listening to calming music: no heavy metal! Listen to something that soothes your soul and has a relaxing vibe
- Enjoying the scent of a soothing essential oil dispersing throughout your sauna: choose a calming scent like lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
- Stretch: some light stretching while in your sauna can be very relaxing
- Chromotherapy: soft, ambient lighting is very soothing
Health Benefits of Regular Home Sauna Usage
There are many benefits to regular sauna usage that are not just limited to relaxation, although that is a significant benefit. Let’s talk about some of the other ways repeated sauna usage can be advantageous.
- Detoxification: your skin soaks up everyday impurities, and having a sauna session can sweat these out. Imagine toxins leaving your skin without having to do anything besides sit in your sauna. Your sebaceous glands are stimulated, leading to clearer skin.
- Chronic health issues such as psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis can be helped with the healing heat from your sauna. It can also make breathing easier for those who have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Endorphins, or “happy feelings,” are released, elevating mood. Anxiety lessens, breathing slows, your heart rate slows. Imagine total bliss: this is it!
Let’s circle back to how relaxation is an integral part of regular sauna usage. You wake up, go to work, come home, make dinner, go to sleep, and repeat all week. Now try inserting sauna sessions, maybe even just three times a week. You will begin to look forward to that window of relaxation and perfect happiness. It is your time to unwind and sweat the day away. Let the all-encompassing heat envelope your body while you visualize an ideal getaway to somewhere warm. If escapism is not your thing, invite a friend to enjoy some calming music and ambient lighting while you both relax and reap the benefits of regular sauna usage.
There is no doubt that saunas have many benefits. A Dundalk LeisureCraft sauna is the perfect addition to your home or property, not only aesthetically but for a host of reasons. Perhaps the most crucial part of owning a home sauna will be how relaxing regular home sauna sessions can be. Picture your stress; however it manifests, and imagine it slowly melting away. This could be your reality. Contact our experts at SaunaFin today to inquire about home sauna ownership. We are ready to answer your questions and help guide you on your journey to health and wellness.