When Is The Time To Leave The Sauna?
Posted on 08 February 2022
You’ve probably come across many articles online that are dedicated to the benefits of sweating in the sauna with a sauna wood stove. From weight loss to detoxifying your body and improving blood circulation, regular visits to the sauna with a sauna wood-burning stove can do wonders for your overall well-being. However, we believe it’s important to know how long one should enjoy the bliss of a sauna bath. While home saunas are safe to use, any extended exposure to high temperatures can be potentially harmful to the body. Sauna temperatures can go up to 195F or even more, which is why it’s essential to know exactly when to make an exit!
How Long To Stay In A Home Sauna
Sauna experts generally agree that a single sauna session should be between 12-20 minutes. Anything beyond that can put you at risk of heatstroke, dehydration, or fainting. Exit the sauna after twenty minutes and let the body cool down for another 20-30 minutes. You can take a cool shower, use the pool for a refreshing dip, or just sit down till the body reaches its normal temperature. A 20-minute session is quite enough, but if you wish, you can take another 12-20 minute session after you’ve cooled down.
First-time sauna users should start small; begin with a 5-10 minute session and don’t go beyond 15 minutes because your body is not used to the heat stress. Also, don’t go into a sauna after exercising. Wait around 10 minutes before using the sauna.
Listen To Your Body
Although the standard time of 12-20 minutes for a sauna session is a general thumb rule, heat can affect everyone differently. It is vital to be conscious of your body when taking a sauna bath. For some people, even 12 minutes may be too long; so listen to what your body is telling you. If you feel faint, uncomfortable, or nauseous, you should leave the sauna immediately. It goes without saying that people with medical conditions should not use a sauna without consulting their medical practitioner.
Sauna Sessions Benefits From Sauna Wood Stove
Did you know that regular sauna use with a sauna wood-burning stove can make you happier and healthier? Well read on to know the many proven benefits of a sauna session:
- Detoxification: Sweating it out in a sauna can help you detox and eliminate excess toxins from the body.
- Cardiovascular Health: A sauna session is actually like a mini cardio session. It gets your heart rate up and improves vascular functions. Improved cardio health also means a lower risk of strokes and heart diseases.
- Alleviates Pain & Muscle Soreness: The gentle heat of a sauna has many therapeutic benefits including, pain relief. Sauna use can help relax the muscles and reduce soreness. Studies show that regular sauna use can also help manage the symptoms of bone diseases like arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Boost Immunity: Researchers agree that sauna sessions from a sauna wood stove can stimulate the immune system and increase white blood cell production.
- Reduce Stress: Sauna usage is known to reduce stress and improve mood. It relaxes your body, lowers cortisol levels, and stimulates the secretion of endorphins.
Ready For Your Very Own Sauna Retreat?
Whether you’re looking for the calming tranquillity of a sauna or the numerous health benefits it brings, nothing beats the spa-like luxury of a home sauna. Bring home the gift of well-being and health with a gorgeous home sauna from SaunaFin. Connect with the SaunaFin team today and get started on your sauna retreat!